What are the best budget dirt bike helmets on the market? Can a helmet that’s good enough for racing and has a relatively low price?
People who love dirt biking usually have at least one helmet they can’t live without. The most important part of wearing a helmet is wearing it right, so ensure you know how to do this before a crash occurs.
Motorcycle helmets are essential safety gear for riders. There are many different types of motorcycle helmets available on the market, each with its unique features and benefits.
To help you choose the right helmet for your needs, this guide will cover the different types of motorcycle helmets available and their various features. We’ll also discuss why you should buy a helmet from this guide rather than from a store or online.
Types of Motorcycle Helmets
There are three main types of motorcycle helmets: open-face, full-face, and flip-up. Each type has its advantages and disadvantages, so it’s important to choose the right one for your needs.
Open-Face Motorcycle Helmets
The open-face helmet is the most popular motorcycle helmet on the market today. Its relatively simple design consists of a shell resting on your head and is held in place by straps around your neck and forehead. This style of helmet doesn’t offer much protection against impacts, but it’s generally considered the simplest and easiest to wear.
They are similar to open-face helmets in that they consist of a shell that resets on your head. However, full-face helmets have a chin strap and a neck guard that protect your face and throat from impacts. They can help protect you from flying objects and branches that may hit you in the face, as well as stones that may fly up into your eyes.
These helmets have a shell that flips down over your head when you’re not riding.This allows you to walk around and inspect your bike while wearing the helmet without having to take it off. They are generally considered to be more comfortable.
Here we have shortlisted the top 5 best budget dirt bike helmets for your riding.
- AFX FX-41 DS Helmet
- Fox Racing V1 Helmet
- O’Neal 5 Series Wingman Helmet
- Bell MX-9 Adventure MIPS Helmet
- Fly Racing F2 Carbon Pure Helmet
AFX FX-41 DS HELMET
The AFX is a high-performance helmet for dirt bike riders looking for that extra edge on the track. With a sleek design and an integrated face guard, the helmet is built to take on even the toughest ride in comfort.
This helmet is a lightweight and adjustable fit system that allows you to customize it to your head size. It also includes a visor that filters out sunlight and wind noise, making it ideal for riding in noisy environments.
- The helmet has a polycarbonate shell, EPS foam liner and an adjustable suspension system. It comes with a face shield, full-face eyewear and earplugs.
- It is made from ABS plastic and has a ventilated liner with breathable mesh fabric.
- The helmet has an adjustable visor, LED light, audio system with an MP3 player port, and a built-in GPS for navigation.
FOX RACING V1 HELMET
The Fox racing is perfect for you if you are looking for a lightweight, best-budget dirt bike helmet that offers good ventilation. This helmet also includes adjustable straps and ear pads, providing added riding comfort.
This helmet is made with an advanced aerodynamic shell that helps to reduce resistance while riding, making it easier to stay on the bike and maintain speed. The FOX RACING has a modular fit system that allows you to customize your head size and shape, making it perfect for any rider.
- The first feature is the ventilation system, which allows air to flow freely through the helmet to keep you cool and comfortable.
- The second feature is the adjustable fit system, which ensures that the helmet fits snugly on your head to provide maximum protection against impact.
- Finally, the helmet has several safety features, including a shatter-proof visor and cheek pads made from medical-grade polymer materials.
O’Neal 5 Series Wingman Helmet
The O’Neal 5 Series Wingman helmet is a popular downhill dirt bike helmet made for those who want to go fast. The head of the helmet provides extra protection in case of an accident.
The Wingman has a double shell construction. This means that it will protect your head from impacts in both the front and back directions, which is crucial when riding down hills at high speeds.
On top of that, the Wingman also has a drop-down sun shield. This blocks out sunlight and helps keep your eyes safe during long rides.
- The Wingman helmet has a large chin bar that provides plenty of coverage for your head and neck.
- Additionally, the Wingman Helmet has a rear-view mirror and LED light system, making it easy to see in low light conditions.
- Its unique design makes it easy to see in low-light conditions.
BELL MX-9 ADVENTURE MIPS HELMET:
The Bell MX-9 Adventure MIPS Helmet is a great budget dirt bike helmet that protects your head in various conditions. It has a sleek, aerodynamic design that makes it look good and perform well on the track.
The shell is made from composite materials that are lightweight and strong, and the EPS liner provides excellent impact protection. The helmet also features an adjustable fit system, sweatband, and ear pads for added comfort.
A Bell MX helmet with a MIPS offers better protection in multiple directions than a helmet without a MIPS. This is because a MIPS can protect the temples, the top of the head, and the back of the head. A helmet without a MIPS only protects the front of the head.
- This helmet is great for beginners and experts alike. It’s comfortable and fits well, with good ventilation and plenty of adjustabilities.
- It has a MIPS liner for added protection during a crash.
FLY RACING F2 CARBON PURE HELMET
One of the best budget dirt bike helmets is the Fly Racing F2. This helmet is made from carbon fibre and is DOT certified. It has a modular fit system that allows a perfect fit.Additionally, the MIPS liner protects you in case of an accident.
This is a racing-style helmet constructed of a lightweight carbon fiber shell and polycarbonate interior. It also features an aerodynamic profile and rear spoiler to increase rider stability and visibility.he visor has two vents along the top edge. Each side of the helmet has two vents. And there is one vent located in the chinbar. All of these vents can be opened or closed, depending on the rider’s preference.
This helmet is perfect for the intermediate rider who wants something more advanced than the beginner helmets on this list. It features an adjustable system that provides a perfect fit, lots of vents to keep you cool, and a DOT certification for safety.
Things to Consider Before Buying
If you’re in the market for a dirt bike helmet, there are a few things you’ll want to consider first.
- First and foremost, it is important to consider your head size and shape. These helmets are not typically adjustable, so you must find one that fits well. You should also make sure that the helmet fits snugly against your head; if it feels too loose,it may not be able to protect your head during injury.
- It is also important to consider the materials used in a dirt bike helmet. Some helmets are made from polycarbonate materials, which are strong and durable but can be heat-sensitive. Other helmets are made from composite materials, which are both strong and lightweight.
- Finally, it is important to factor in price when purchasing a dirt bike helmet. Not all helmets are created equal; some may be cheaper but not offer as much protection or fit well. Choosing a quality dirt bike helmet that will protect your head in case of an accident is important.
A white helmet typically offers less protection from the sun and wind than a black helmet but may be cooler in summer conditions.
More expensive helmets may have a better fit, more vents, and striking graphics.
These days, there are so many options available on the market. It is hard to decide which one to buy, but the AFX FX-41 DS HELMET is a good choice
If you’re looking for a dirt bike helmet that won’t break the bank, you’ll want to check out our list of the best budget dirt bike helmets. We’ve found helmets that are perfect for both beginners and experienced riders, so whether you’re just getting started or looking to upgrade your gear, we have something on this list for you. So what are you waiting for? Give one of these helmets a try today.